Are you prone to experiencing back-ups in your home? Backups in your house can be frustrating, and even dangerous. You’ll need to try many different solutions until you get a plumber to come. No matter what plumbing problem you have, our plumbers can help. This blog will discuss why you are experiencing frequent backups in your home. This blog will discuss why backups are occurring in your home and what you can do to prevent them from happening again.
Our Long Beach Plumbers will also teach you how to prevent frequent back-ups from happening again.
Why do you experience frequent backups?
It’s normal to have backups for your home. If this happens, we’ll be the ones to tell you.
Old piping may still be in use at the time that your house was built.
The most popular materials for sewer pipes are PVC, clay and cast iron. These pipes do not last forever. Backups can develop as pipes crack, corrode or break over time.
- Clogs and stoppages in the sewer line can be caused by solid objects like hair, cooking grease, or feminine products.
- There’s two types of stoppages. They are main and local.
- Tree roots can cause serious problems if it gets into your sewer lines. It is possible to repair the pipe or replace it once the roots have been removed.
How to address frequent backups
There are many ways to deal with frequent backups in your home.
- Pipe Repair
- Don’t despair! You can repair your pipes using epoxy liners
- Replacing Pipes
- You can fix frequent back-ups by replacing your sewer pipes. We recommend that you replace the most troublesome pipes.
- Before you try to repair your system, it is a good idea for a Long Beach plumber to inspect it.
- Sewer Descale
- A snake is able to clear a blocked sewer line.
- You can descale your sewer line to prevent future blockages.
- Hydro-jetting is also a great way to clean your home from backups. The machine is most often used in restaurants and commercial buildings to remove grease or sludge from their plumbing systems.
- Hydro-jetting can also be used to remove roots from your pipes. Hydro-jetting cuts roots faster than a snake and spins them more efficiently.
Are Backups Possible Again? How to Prevent BackUps
There are many options to stop constant backups in your home. Some solutions are temporary. However, if you want to stop backups from happening again, changing the pipes in the sewer line is the best option. It is now your turn to learn how to prevent backups from ever happening again.
You can also prevent backups from happening:
- Never pour oil, fats, or celery down your drain.
- Do NOT flush “flushable”, bathroom wipes down the toilet.
- Do not flush disposable diapers or hygiene products down the toilet.
- Have your sewer line cleaned once a year to remove any buildup or clogs.
- Have your sewer line checked regularly.
Get ‘Backing up’ for Your Problems
Backups can be annoying, but they don’t have to be. You now know why you have constant backups and what to do about them. To stop backups returning to your house, it is best to have your pipes repaired.