A blocked kitchen sink drain is not something you want to do. If an important item gets stuck in your drain, it can make things more difficult. These are the steps to follow before calling your Long Beach plumber.
DIY DRAIN CLEANER: HOW TO CLEAR A SLOW DRAINING KITCHEN SINK CLOG
Chemical drain cleaners are expensive and can cause damage to the environment. You can use vinegar and baking soda for an environmentally-friendly solution. These are the steps to follow:
- Remove the drain cover and kitchen sink stopper
- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain
- Pour 1 cup of white wines into the drain
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Then add boiling water.
Flushing the drain will help to prevent future clogs. This chemical reaction can be used to repair blocked drains or dissolve slow drains.
DIRECTIONS TO PLUNGE A CLOGGED KITCHEN SINK
This is the best way to clear standing water clogs. Avoid germ spreading by using a kitchen plunger. These are simple steps:
- Double sinks – To stop water from escaping, you can use a damp cloth to plug the drain.
- Add a bit of water to the sink to loosen it.
- Take a plunge. Take a plunge.
There are other solutions if you don’t believe that plunging can solve the problem.
FILL THE CLOGGED DAIN WITH A WIRE COAT HANGER
Use your imagination to make a wire coat hanger or a pipe cleaner.
- Attach a small hook to your end with pliers
- Place the coat hanger inside and move it about to loosen food stuck to the pipe.
It is possible to make it work where the plunger didn’t. Don’t put equipment or other attachments in the garbage disposal without cutting the fuse.
USE A DRAIN SNAKE TO CLEAR THE CLOG
It is possible that the clog is deeper down the drain. If this happens, you may not be able to use any of the above methods.
- Run your kitchen drain down using a drain snake.
- This will allow you to drain the drain more easily.
Use an HTMLVACUUM or “SHOPVAC”
Vacuums with a lot suction are both dry and wet.
- Cover the vent using a wet vacuum or “liquids”.
- Seal the drain completely with a fingernail, or a rag.
A wet vacuum can often pull up the blockage and unclog your drain. You can also use a vacuum to remove jewelry.
STEP FINAL: CALL A PROFESSIONAL LONG BEACH PLUMBER
Once you’ve exhausted all other options for clearing your blocked drain, it’s time to call a Long Beach plumber.