It is not something you want to do. These are the steps you should follow before calling your local plumber.
DIY DRAIN CLEANER: HOW TO CLEAR A SLOW DRAINING KITCHEN SINK CLOG
Chemical drain cleaners are expensive and can cause damage to the environment. You can use vinegar and baking soda for an environmentally-friendly solution. These are the steps to follow:
- Disconnect the drain cover and kitchen sink stopper
- Add 1/2 cup baking soda to the sink
- Pour 1 litre of white wine into the drain
- Let it sit for 10 minutes. Next, add boiling water.
Drain cleaning will prevent blockages in the future.
DIRECTIONS TO PLUNGE A CLOGGED KITCHEN SINK
Clearing standing water clogs is the best method. These steps are very simple:
- Double Sinks – You can plug the drain with a damp cloth.
- To loosen the water, add a little water to your sink.
- Take a plunge. Take a plunge.
If you don’t think that plunging will solve your problem, there are other options.
FILL THE CLOGGED DAIN WITH A WIRE COAT HANGER
Let your imagination run wild to create a wire coat hanger, or a pipe cleaner.
- Attach an end hook with pliers
- Put the coat hanger in the container and move it around to loosen food stuck on the pipe.
It’s possible to make the plunger work. Do not put equipment or attachments in the garbage disposal without cutting off the fuse.
USE A DRAIN SNAKE TO CLEAR THE CLOG
Sometimes the clog may be deeper.
- Run your kitchen drain down using a drain snake.
- This will make it easier to drain your drains.
Use an HTML VACUUM or “SHOP VAC”
Vacuums that have a lot of suction can be used both dry or wet.
- Cover vent with a wet vacuum, or other liquids.
- Clean the drain thoroughly with a fingernail or a rag.
A wet vacuum is a good way to unclog your drain. A vacuum can also be used to remove jewelry.
STEP FINAL: CALL A PROFESSIONAL LONG BEACH PLUMBER
After you have exhausted all other options to clear your blocked drain, it is time to contact a local Long Beach plumber.