Although plumbing problems are not always visible right away, they can often be heard. If your pipes make unusual sounds, it is usually a sign that you have undiscovered plumbing problems that need to be repaired.
These strange noises in the plumbing can be a sign of serious plumbing problems.
- Wooshing showers An whooshing shower could indicate that your hot water heater or plumbing pipes have become clogged with minerals. This is common in areas with high mineral content. Hard water can cause damage to your plumbing pipes over time, and can lead to other problems like hidden leaks.
- Are your plumbing pipes shaking and rattling After flushing the toilet, or when water drains? The pipes could be loose. Make sure that the fittings are securely fastened. The noise will be reduced by tightening the fittings.
- Hessing fixtures When your fixtures hiss like a cat it is usually a sign that the water pressure has reached an excessive level. This is a big water waster and can also lead to increased water bills. It can also cause damage to your plumbing pipes.
- Does your drain gurgle and gulp? The vent pipe may be blocked and this could prevent proper water drainage. As gases can be reintroduced into your home through gurgling drains, they may give off a foul odor. Make sure to check the vent opening (usually on the roof) to ensure it isn’t blocked.
- Dripping faucets Do not ignore the dripping sound, no matter how quiet! It’s important that you call us immediately if you hear or see a drip faucet. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that a single faucet leak can result in wasting up to 3,000 gallons water per year. You will have to pay the bill.
It is best to be cautious when it comes to unusual plumbing noises. Instead, we recommend that you contact a Long Beach plumber.