It can be frustrating to figure out how to keep your pipes and drains clean. Even if you have tried everything and failed, it can be frustrating. It’s crucial to pay attention to what you place on your pipes and drains, and to ensure that they are clean. These are four plumbing tips to keep your pipes and drains clean.
Use a screen
It is crucial to filter out particles from your drain in order to prevent clogs. A drain screen will not only save you the time and hassle of cleaning your drains , but it also prevents food, soap, and other debris from getting into your drains.
Use an Old Can to Throw Grease
Grease may build up quickly in your sink. Avoid clogging problems from grease by putting the grease or oils in a can or other metal container. After it cools, you can throw it away.
Wash kitchen drains with hot soap
Hot water running down your drain is an easy and effective way to clean your pipes. Run the hot water for a few seconds to get rid of any gunk and residue.
Pour some baking soda down the drain
Baking soda can be used to clean clogged drains. It will also keep your sinks fresh and clean. You can pour one cup of baking soda down your drain. A measuring cup is also handy. Allow the mixture to sit for five to ten minutes, then flush the drain with hot water.
There are other ways to keep your drains clean
- Outdoor washing is best when the weather is good. The better it is to have less pet hair and dander in the drain.
- Regularly clean out your drains. The more hair that gets stuck in drains, the more likely it is to clog.
- Invest in a quality plunger. This is one case where you get what your pay for.
- Regularly have plumbing service. It’s best to have your Plumbing checked regularly in order to avoid clogs.
Never flush the following down your toilets if in doubt
- Cigarettes, ash and cigars
- Kitchen roll and regular papers
- Products for the sanitary
- Harsh chemicals
These are some of the things you should keep in mind when maintaining your drains and pipe clear. However, if none or all of these work, and despite your best efforts, you will need to contact a professional Long Beach Plumber with proper training and equipment to get rid of stubborn clogs.